Normally, I don’t take pictures throughout the day, but rather I document a particular moment of our day. This day was more like how my attention has been lately, barely there, scattered. My thoughts have been the same way. Over the last several months, I have had so much more I have wanted to write each week, but I haven’t had the time or energy to turn all my thoughts into complete sentences, let alone cohesive paragraphs. So here are my thoughts about these pictures, unorganized, unedited…just like my house and my kids.
- That’s a dollar store Barbie type doll Chuck is now obsessed with.
- I did not give it to her.
- In fact, I did not buy her any of the princess costumes or regalia she adorns herself with (and we have an embarrassing amount).
- I also don’t tell her she can’t wear them.
- I hope Chuck was flexing her muscles in the mirror. That’s what I’m going to think she was doing.
- I hope Chuck is always that enamored with her reflection in the mirror.
- I love how much Chuck likes to wear dresses during the day and then sleeps in her tights.
- My house is not only messy most of the time, it’s also often very dirty. It bothers me, but I don’t really feel guilty about it. I get around to cleaning it when it feels worth the time.
- Winnie likes to be naked.
- I’m pregnant. My due date is two days earlier than what Winnie’s due date was. I get really big during my pregnancies. It just happens.
- Chuck didn’t poop her pants. She is just wearing stained underwear.
- Winnie has symmetrical bruises on her cheeks.
- Chuck likes to be naked.
- There are Halloween stickers up on my windows still.
- Playtime with James is their favorite.
- Winnie won’t let me brush her teeth. Like, I have to pin her down kicking and screaming to get a brush anywhere near her teeth.
- The girls have started sleeping together. I have to look at them snuggling several times before going to bed.
- I hope pictures like this of their childhood are their favorite someday.
2 thoughts on “Portrait of Play, Week 51”
congratulations!!! a baby’s always a reason to be happy 🙂
i’m a mess, myself, but i’ve a very tidy, limit obsessed man, so he doesn’t let me to abandon the tidiness…
Oh man…I need that. My man…not so tidy. ; )